** Tuition for this 3-month pilot program is free - Students are expected to help provide feedback on the program to help refine future sessions. **
Seats are limited so apply today.
The program will be held in Grand Forks starting on February 24.
Classes run Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4 pm and include both classroom and on-site training to prepare you for work in the forestry industry.
The Program Includes:
- Safe Work Practices
- Communication in the Forest Industry
- Basic Rigging Practices and Components
- Chainsaw Operation
- Forestry Laws and Regulations
- Safe operation of light duty trucks/trailers on resource roads
- Occupational First Aid Level 1 with Transportation Endorsement
- S-100 Fire Suppression and Safety
- Fall Protection
By working in a harvesting environment, you become an important part of a team tasked with moving wood from the hillside to the end customer. This can involve roles in road building, falling, yarding and transportation.
Train for roles such as:
- Choker person
- Skidder Operator
- Hook Tender
- Truck Driver
- Grapple Yard Operator
- Processor Operator
- Hoe Chucker
- and others
To apply: Call 250 442 2704 or email BoundaryCE@Selkirk.ca